THE SECRET TO DECLUTTERING YOUR HOME
The hardest thing about decluttering your house is noticing that a space is no longer working for you and deciding to do something about it. Notice & commit. Remembering a few simple principles will help you get the most impact for the time you have to declutter.
1. NOTICE 2. VISUALISE 3. MAKE SPACE 4. PLAN
1. NOTICE When a cluttered room or house is no longer working for you. Enlist friends or family if starting to tackle clutter in your home feels a little overwhelming. This is normal, once you’ve started and you’ve seen what you can do, there’ll be no stopping you.
2. VISUALISE What do you want the room to look like when you’ve finished decluttering? How will you organise, & decorate it? Look at photos in magazines or on Pinterest to get a visual in your head. This will help motivate you while you work.
3. MAKE SPACE So you can get into the room to start to work.
4. PLAN Removal of your items before you start. Lay out bags labelled with ‘Recycling’, ‘Charity Shop’ etc. to easily see where it is all going when you’ve finished. Remove unwanted items straight after the decluttering, so you really see the impact of what you have achieved
Then stop & be proud of what you’ve achieved.
NEXT: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ORGANISING YOUR KITCHEN