Shoe storage ideas
1 minute read
How to maximise shoe storage and keep it tidy:
- Get editing, are you holding on to shoes you don’t use?
- If you are keeping a pair of shoes just for sentimental reasons, put them in a mementos box or on display – don’t keep them with your everyday shoes.
- Add actual storage to where you keep your shoes (not just in a pile)
- If this is overflowing – can you store less-used shoes elsewhere?
- Consider storing out of season footwear away
- Maximise hanging space (inside a cupboard/downstairs toilet door)
- Don’t overfill the bottom of the wardrobe with shoe storage, this can add to a cluttered feel and it’s tempting to pile other stuff on top of it.
- Consider investing in a simple modular wall unit (this way you can make it fit exactly what you have. See video for where to get.
- Baskets work well for children’s shoes – label one container for each child – so they know where to put them away after use.
- Change your shoe storage to reflect any change in lifestyle or hobbies. Make it work for you.
If you want ideas on where to donate your unwanted items see my Donation Directory